Friday, January 6, 2012

An epitome of Occupy Wall Street


In fact, this post is not going to talk about the recent global uprising against the elite class. I worked for a respectable multinational company. Today, i had lunch with a colleague of mine who is very successful, and highly looked up upon by many people in our company. He had shared some of his friends' success story, who can be viewed as cream of the crop by many regular employees including myself. At the end, he sighed for where he is ending up now. However, in the eyes of mine, he is already quite a high achiever. I dare say he is probably among the top 5% in terms of corporate pyramid in our country.

The old saying that "Greed is a bottomless pit" can't be more true. I have to say my colleague is a smart, good-nature, cheerful and friendly guy, but yet he can't escape from the desire of success. This is how the society is operating now, and we see a accelerated hallowing out of the middle class. The worrying part is that we have reach a juncture that you will make it to the top or slip to the drain.

I can't escape that too.

No comments: