Saturday, November 3, 2012

Windows 7 desktop background can be it be as awesome as Mac?

I have to be cheeky to say this that when my colleagues look at my laptop screen, quite often they will surprise and captivated. Then such question will be ask, "what's OS is this?" "How you do it?"

Let me share my screen below:



It's just a normal windows 7!

First you download some amazing windows theme from the Microsoft sites. Then you right click your wallpaper, choose "Personalize" and select your favorite windows theme. 

Right click again, and select "View" - "Show Desktop Icon" and remove all the ugly shortcuts from the wallpapers. For new era IT user, you really don't need those shortcuts. And for someone with some aesthetic taste like me, i really think it worth the sacrifices. Just brush up some IT skills, you will find the icons are redundant. 

Spend some time download a software called "Rainmeter", do a little bit customization, that's where you get it done! You can find the software here http://rainmeter.net/cms/

The desktop is live, because your clock is clicking, your CPU and memory chart is pulsing, you can type command, goggle search, and even type a URL directly from the screen. You can put reminder too. 

When i see the Windows 8 metro, i really still feel prefer my current setup... I'm not sure if i can do keep my favorite. Please let me know if you have better idea.

Again, i think preference for beauty is very subjective, i just provide one additional option here. I really hate the world to be monolithic. That may explain the early days i'm so resistant to iPhone, when Samsung phone was still a much smaller challenger. And with the popularity Samsung going, i feel proud but yet also also feel my little secret pleasure is dwindling ;)

No comments: